The Hansen/Flaherty Family
Frederick Wilhelm Hansen was born in Norway, probably about 1825. His wife was Georgiana Eyde. They had at least one son, and he was named in honor of his father.
Frederick Wilhelm Hansen was born in February 1851 in Bergen, Norway, and died in 1912 in Worcester, Massachusetts. It is not known when he emigrated to the United States, but he married Ella Georgina DeYoung August 9, 1895 in Massachusetts. She was born September 6, 1876 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Frederick was a professor of languages, but it is not known where he taught.
Frederick and Ella had the following children:
1. Fred Erling DeYoung Hansen, born June 3, 1896 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts. He died June 9, 1984 in Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts.
2. Alf Clifford Hansen, born September 14, 1897 in Worcester, Worcester County, Massachusetts. He died April 10, 1968 in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona.
3. Robert Hansen, born in 1898; died in 1901.
4. Helen Georgina Hansen, born in 1899; died May 26, 1969 in Malden, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
5. Edmun D. Hansen, born in 1901.
6. John Edmund Hansen, born in 1905.
Alf Clifford Hansen married (1) Mary June Rolley November 4, 1913 in Enfield, Hartford County, Connecticut. She was born in Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts, and was the daughter of David Rolley and Bertha Webber.
Alf and Mary Hansen were the parents of:
1. Bertha Hansen, born April 8, 1915; died February 9, 1987.
2. Alf Clifford Hansen, Jr., born December 16, 1916.
3. Alma Ruth Hansen, born January 30, 1922; died May 6, 1988.
Sometime around 1922 Alf Clifford Hansen started using the name of Albert Clifford Flaherty. No record of a legal name change has been found.
Albert Clifford Flaherty married (2) Eleanor Daisy Williams about 1923. She was born March 6, 1901 in Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts, and died May 30, 1941in Roxbury, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. She was the daughter of Charles Williams and Johanna Sheehan.
Albert and Eleanor had the following children:
1. Albert Clifford Flaherty, Jr., born July 31, 1924 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
2. Ruth Johanna Flaherty, born November 30, 1928 in Medford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
3. Jean Caroline Flaherty, born August 31, 1933 in Auburn, Worcester County, Massachusetts.
Albert Clifford Flaherty married (3) Pauline Fuhrman Henkin June 6, 1943 in Dorchester, Suffolk County, Massachusetts. She was born January 7, 1914 in Bucharest, Roumania, and died in April 1988. Pauline had two children from a previous marriage to Samuel Henkin. They are:
1. Frederick David Henkin, born February 25, 1933 in Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts.
2. Ernest Henkin, born January 25, 1936 in Boston, and died in 1994.
Albert Clifford Flaherty, Jr. married Viviana Angelita Arias in 1953 in Phoenix, Arizona. Their children are:
1. Michael Neil Flaherty, born March 2, 1954; died March 7, 1977.
2. Patricia Eleanor Flaherty, born November 26, 1955.
3. Joseph Maurice Flaherty, born July 30, 1957.
4. Catherine Jean Flaherty, born April 29, 1959.
5. Karen Nan Flaherty, born May 30, 1961.
Ruth Johanna Flaherty married (1) Verner Lars Jensen January 20, 1952 in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona. He was born December 5, 1921 in Denmark, and died in Fresno, Fresno County, California.
Ruth and Verner Jensen had children:
1. Erik Lars Jensen, born June 25, 1954 in Fresno, Fresno County, California.
2. Mark Richard Jensen, born October 18, 1955 in Fresno, Fresno County, California.
Ruth Johanna Flaherty Jensen married (2) Donald Dean Erwin May 7, 1966 in Carson City, Carson City County, Nevada.
Ruth and Donald Erwin had one child:
1. Scott Patrick Erwin, born January 2, 1967 in Fresno, Fresno County, California.
Jean Caroline Flaherty married Stanley James Sharp. He died August 4, 1975. Jean and Stan had one child:
1. Katherine Louise Sharp, born December 1, 1961. Home
Alf Clifford Hansen,